Join Share Our Strength and seven of the nation's top chefs and pastry chefs for the first ever Cocktails and Confections. The rooftop reception will feature sweet culinary creations and cocktail concoctions with monumental views of the Capitol and National Mall. All proceeds support Share OurStrength’s No Kid Hungry® campaign, a national effort to end childhood hunger in America.
Did you know? More than 16 million children in America are at risk of hunger. That’s more than 1 in 5. You can fight the battle with Share Our Strength. Learn more about the organization from my recent Georgetowner column on the Beltway of Giving HERE.
Cocktails and Confections will take place Tuesday, June 12, 2012 from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. at 101 Constitution Ave NW (Rooftop), Washington, DC
Tickets are $125 each HERE. Chefs include:
- Local D.C. favorite Santosh Tiptur, Co Co. Sala
- James Beard Foundation’s 2012 Rising Star Chef of the Year Christina Tosi, Momofuku Milk Bar, New York
- Food & Wine’s People’s Best New Pastry Chef Chris Ford, Wit & Wisdom, Baltimore
- James Beard Foundation’s 2007 Outstanding Pastry Chef Michael Laiskonis, Institute of Culinary Education, New York
- San Francisco Magazine’s Best Pastry Chef 2011 Bill Corbett, The Absinthe Group, San Francisco
- Top Chef Just Desserts season two contestant Matthew Petersen, CityZen and Sou’Wester
- D.C. Corporate Pastry Chef Lincoln Carson, The Mina Group, San Francisco