Saturday, December 1, 2012
DC This Week is Headed to Art Basel: On My Radar
10. Stay at the affordable Westin Diplomat and Resort. Rates are $219 a night (I snagged rooms for $169 a night on Travelzoo deal) and the hotel is on the beach just up the street in Hollywood, Florida with cabanas has free WiFi and parking for guests. Reservations HERE. Or the SLS South Beach designed by Philippe Starck which is not for the weary pocketbook. Reservations HERE.
9. Basel Castle combining music and the arts with sick line up of DJ's. Video recap from last year above and more deets HERE.
8. Miami Design District - the haute boutique strip for some day time shopping with the girls. Also check out Webster with 100 designers in 20,000 square feet of space.
7. Art Basel Miami Beach at the Miami Beach Convention Center with more than 200 international and nationally recognized galleries selling art you can barely afford unless you have some serious digits in your bank account. Deets and tickets HERE. Also design Miami in the Miami Beach Convention Center parking lot. More HERE. Check out more and a full list of endless art fairs and openings HERE. Get ready for design overload.
6. Shop vintage at C. Madeline or POSH Vintage. Also check out Refinery 29's list of the hippest Miami boutiques HERE.
5. David Lynch's Silencio lounge opens a pop-up club in the Delano Hotel basement. The hotel's Le Baron is moving to a new spot each night. Find out where on twitter @lebaronfamily but the odds of you getting in are slim unless you know someone or sleep with someone who knows someone. Also check out the parties at Grand Central, including Friday night with Dan Deacon HERE.
4. The SELECT Fair featuring the work of galleries, collectives, print publishers and artists at the Catalina Hotel and Beach Club. More details HERE.
3. Art Metamorphosis at the Hotel Clinton hosted by DC-based Art Soiree. Register free HERE.
2. Check out the pool at the Standard or the Delano and catch some rays. Hopefully the weather will be nice.
1. Sneak, bribe and breeze your way into any of these parties.