Guests are invited to enjoy small bites, refreshing cocktails, and wine while supporting FreshFarm Markets, an organization that showcases our region’s farmers and their agricultural bounty.
Highlights from the Earth Day Garden Party include:
· Guests can enjoy samples of truffle frites and warm gougères from Chef Robert Weland’s new small plates menu, available only in The Garden at Poste.
· Mixologist Rico Wisner will stir up his new menu of punches, available exclusively in The Garden at Poste.
· The Garden at Poste will also premiere its new, all-Virginia wine list in support of regional winemakers. Representatives from local wineries will be on hand to provide tastings of their wines. Participating wineries include Kluge Estates, Pollak Vineyards, and Thibaut-Jannison Winery. Wine importer, Danny Hass will pour biodynamic and organic wines, which will be featured on the new list.
· Jocelyn Cambier from J. Cambier Imports will provide samples of French microbrewery beers.
· Cheese samples will be provided by neighboring Cowgirl Creamery, a Penn Quarter favorite that has been producing organic cheese for the past 12 years in Point Reyes Station, California and promotes artisan cheesemakers from both the U.S. and Europe.
Poste Moderne Brasserie
555 8th Street NW (Metro: Gallery Place)
5pm - 7pm
$5 donation to FreshFarm Markets
To accommodate the ever-growing popularity of the outdoor venue, The Garden at Poste is also excited to introduce a new outdoor bar, wood-burning grill, and hand-held computers. All of these added improvements will ensure even more attentive service to guests.