Toast wildlife conservation with FONZ Young Professionals at the Zoo's wine-tasting event, Grapes with the Apes. Sample wines from a variety of wineries, listen to live music, and enjoy an exclusive opportunity to greet the baby gorilla in the Zoo's Great Ape House.
In light of the current economic climate, we've dropped Grapes With the Apes ticket prices. Your ticket includes:
- All wine sampling.
- A commemorative glass.
- Live musical entertainment by guitarist and vocalist Kenny Holmes.
- "Taste the Tannin: Wine and Zoo Nutrition," a fascinating talk by staff from the Zoo's Commissary about the health benefits of the tannins found in red wines and of similar compounds in the diets of animals at the Zoo.
- An opportunity to visit the Great Ape House after hours. Learn more about the great apes and the ongoing Zoo projects that support them. World-renowned scientists, including Marietta Dindo, Carla Estocsin, Chikako King and Lisa Stevens, will be on hand to answer questions and discuss their fascinating work with great apes.
Concessions will be available at the event. In addition, some wineries will be selling bottles of wine for guests to take home. So if you like one of the tastings, inquire about purchasing a bottle!
VIP Crush Pad
In addition to general admission benefits, VIP Crush Pad ticket holders will also enjoy:
- An exclusive pre-party happy hour in Think Tank from 5-6 p.m. including wine and cheese.
- Special interactive animal demonstrations during the happy hour, focusing on orangutan memory studies by Erin Stromberg.
- Access to the Crush Pad during the event, our VIP area, which will feature complimentary wine bar, hors d'oeuvres from top local restaurants, special wine talks, and animal demonstrations.
- Wine talk and sampling of sparkling wines given by Elizabeth Belding of Barefoot Wine Bubbly.
- A free Grapes with the Apes T-shirt.
VIP Crush Pad Participating Restaurants: Bobby Van's Grill, Chef Geoff's, Chef Geoff's Downtown, Lia's, Ici Urban Bistro, Urbana Restaurant and Wine Bar, Cabot Creamery.