The New Vintage Jazz & Wine Festival is taking place August 24th at the D.C. Fairgrounds from 2 to 10 p.m.
Guests will listen to live music from
- Funk Ark, an Afrobeat dance ensemble from D.C.;
- Donvonte McCoy, an innovative trumpeter and bandleader merging jazz, go-go and funk, who has headlined every weekend at Eighteenth Street Lounge since 2006;
- Todd Marcus, a Baltimorean clarinetist whose latest album made NPR’s top 10 of 2012 list;
- Electric-acoustic guitar whiz Rafiq Bhatia, who hails from New York City and has recently drawn praise from the New York Times, Pitchfork and The Fader.
- Kris Funn & Corner Store, Tarus Mateen and Christie Dashiell round out the slate of local favorites.
A portion of proceeds from the New Vintage Jazz and Wine Fest will benefit Chris4Life Foundation, an organization working to eradicate colon cancer through developments in cutting edge research. Tickets are $20 to $110 HERE.