Thursday, October 25, 2012

Congrats to the Metro Cooking & Entertaining Show ticket winners from DC This Week


Congrats to the Metro Cooking & Entertaining Show ticket winners from DC This Week. We asked readers to submit their favorite DC Chef and why last week. Three lucky readers won a pair of tickets to the show. Look out for an email with your tickets and have fun at the show! You can still purchase tickets online for the show HERE.  And the winners are............. 

Lindsey Morse (Saturday tickets)

"My favorite DC chef is Daniel O'Brien from Seasonal Pantry! He's an incredibly talented, creative chef who has elevated the idea of a supper club into a fine dining staple for the Convention Center neighborhood. His food is delicious, innovative, and fun (who would dare host a Wu-Tang themed meal?), but I find his commitment to helping other struggling young chefs inspiring too. He's opened his kitchen to several start-up businesses that lack the capital to rent space elsewhere, and I think it's admirable that he's going out of his way to help support local culinary talent. I'm so excited that he's participating in the upcoming season of Top Chef Seattle. We'll be rooting him on- go Dan & go DC!"

Sara Lafountain (Sunday tickets)
"I would love to win tickets to the Metropolitan Cooking Show! My son wants to go to culinary school and I think a show like this would be very inspiring for him. I love many DC area chefs but my favorite has to be Bryan Voltaggio [of VOLT]. I loved him on Top Chef and I am dying to get up to his new restaurant to try it!"

Jenna Sauber (Saturday tickets)
"I love Chef Logan Cox at Ripple DC, supported by Alison Reed, the Pastry Chef. The food at Ripple and their new bakery, Sugar Magnolia, is delectable, sustainable, and beautiful. Hard to have favorites because they change the menu seasonally...but I do love the almond coconut blondies at the bakery and I adore their Bartender's Choice on the drink menu - I'm always served something amazing and inspired!"




No comments: