Nominate a regional business, nonprofit or volunteer leader that makes a significant and lasting impact in the areas of philanthropy and service!
- Community Impact Award: recognizes a business that has significantly impacted critical community needs of nonprofits, schools and community based organizations through strategic integration of philanthropy, service, volunteerism and support.
- Essence of Leadership Award: recognizes business leaders who are simultaneously working toward economic prosperity and transformative social change to create social value that goes beyond traditional ideas of philanthropy. This award acknowledges business leaders who are striving to balance profit with public good, weighing return on investment with impact, both social and environmental, on local and global communities.
- Community Impact: recognizes an organization that is significantly impacting critical community needs through the integration of service, volunteerism and partnerships.
- Non-Profit Leadership Award: given to a nonprofit executive that has made a significant impact, shown exemplary leadership and has contributed to the social well-being of their clients. The award is intended to recognize leaders who balance innovation with strategic, responsible and resourceful leadership to drive measurable change and make a meaningful impact on the community they serve.
- *Deloitte Spirit of Service Grant:
This $10,000 grant is being awarded to strengthen the capacity of a non-profit that is significantly impacting their community. The recipient will utilize this grant to advance volunteerism and service for a greater community impact.
- *A panel of judges will select finalists from the Community Impact Awards to be eligible for the Deloitte Spirit of Service Grant. Deloitte, LLP will determine the recipient of the grant.
- Community Volunteer of the Year Award: honors a volunteer in the Greater Washington region that has made a significant impact on critical issues faced by the community through exemplary acts of volunteerism.
- Corporate Volunteer of the Year Award: honors a corporate volunteer in the Greater Washington region that has made a significant impact on critical issues faced by the community through exemplary acts of volunteerism.
- HandsOn Greater DC Cares Volunteer of the Year Award: honors a volunteer who has made a significant impact within the HandsOn Greater DC Cares community and the Greater Washington region through exemplary acts of volunteerism. **Most nominations for HGDCC Volunteer of the Year award will be submitted internally unless you are self-nominating.