Next Thursday you'll preview top DC sommeliers as they flex their knowledge at the Washington DC International Wine & Food Festival's inaugural Sommelier Showdown. Experts will engage in a friendly tête-à-tête and compete in a race of the taste, using deductive tasting to identify wines with hidden labels. Tickets are $150 HERE.
- Eli Benchimol, Chef Geoff’s
- Gustavo Iniesta, Taberna Del Alabardero
- Theo Rutherford, The Coterie
- Guy Golan, J & G Steakhouse
- Brent Kroll, Adour at the St. Regis
To complement the wines presented, the Showdown will feature five of DCs most noted chefs who will be tasked with bringing food and wine together, including:
- Chef Todd Gray, Equinox
- Chef Xavier Deshayes, Ronald Reagan Building
- Chef Jaime Montes de Oca, Zentan
Thursday, February 9
Ronald Reagan Building & International Trade Center
7 to 9 p.m.