What better place to be than the Natural History Museum on the eve of the Chinese New Year, where you’ll enjoy the sights, scents, and flavors of the East with the Smithsonian Young Benefactors.
- Explore the exhibition Orchids—A View from the East, which is filled with the lovely plants long appreciated in China as symbols of nobility, friendship, and refinement
- Mingle with exhibit curators
- Vote in the Taiwanese-style juried show
- Indulge your taste buds in savory Chinese-style hors d’oeuvres and dessert courtesy of Purple Onion Catering
- One drink ticket is included with admission
- Create traditional Chinese New Year red paper cut-outs
- 25 potted orchids will be given away courtesy of Smithsonian Gardens
Purchase tickets ONLINE HERE. Tickets are $35 YB & RAP members; $40 General Admission. A special discounted $30 rate is available to YB members and eNewsletter subscribers. Use Promo Code 184344 when logging into the YB website.