Friday, November 19, 2010

DC This Week is on Hold and off to Thailand. Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas.

DC This Week is on hold, but don't worry, I'll be back just in time to give you the skinny on New Year's parties for you and your crew. I will spend my Thanksgiving this year in the air for 24 hours traveling to Thailand to embark on an international volunteer project with Art Relief International for 3 weeks. It's an opportunity that I am thrilled to be a part of and I can not wit to meet the children in the program and spark their creative minds. Thanksgiving is the most important holiday for me because I have an immense amount of things in my life to be thankful for.

I think we all often forget to reflect on what those things are: from our family to friends, mates, homes, travels, career and ability to live in wonderful city and country. This Thanksgiving I hope that as you sit around the table with your family and friends you'll each take the time to go around and say one or two things that you are thankful for. It's a tradition in my family that I like to enforce and I wont be able to enforce it from the air. And if you have the time this Thanksgiving please take the opportunity to volunteer. DC has some amazing places who serve the unfortunate who need volunteers like you just for a few hours. Here are some suggestions.
Choc tee ka! Which means cheers in Thai!

SOME (So Others May Eat)
Food and Friends
Capital Area Food Bank
Bread For the City
Salvation Army – National Capital Area
Washington DC Jewish Community Center
Turkey Trots in the Washington, DC Area

No comments: