Since buying my condo in February I've made a huge effort to live more green. From turning off lights and the AC when I leave (which keeps my electricity bill about $60 to $80 per month) to using energy efficient light bulbs, recycling wine bottles, cans and plastic. I was excited to learn about Live Green, company that makes it irresistible to buy environmentally-friendly products and get members excited about making environmentally and socially responsible choices.
Founded in 2008, Live Green makes real green choices in DC easy and affordable. A Live Green membership is only $13 per year. Yes, it really is that cheap! Greenback vouchers are bought online, printed out, and redeemed at the vendor's location.The businesses that participate are called "Green Spots." DC Green Spots and their deals include,
- 5% off all orders at Java Green and Cafe Green (one of my favorite restaurants for lunch)
- 1/2 off Zipcar annual fee in the DC area ($25 value)
- 10% off of leased reusable plastic moving boxes by Repax
- 10% off at Sticky Fingers vegan bakery in Columbia Heights
- $1.50 off all Ecover cleaning products
- 20% off first project with Ecoprint, environmental leader in print industry
- 15% off of classes at Quiet Mind Yoga in Columbia Heights (my favorite yoga studio in the city!)
- $10 off membership for Washington Area Bicyclist Association
- 10% off at the Reef, offering eco-friendly seafood in Adams Morgam
- 15% off all multiple class passes purchased at Flow Yoga studio (excludes new member passes).
- 10% off personal care items and cleaning supplies at Greater Goods
For more information on Live Green and to buy the card visit http://www.livegreen.net/