Sunday, May 16, 2010

It' time for a proper meal


After four months of condo living with no proper dining room table, it's finally complete! I found the perfect table top at Second Chance in Baltimore a few months ago. It was one of 10 table tops they pulled from a diner that went out of business. But where or where do you find a welder in D.C. to make a table base?

Luckily, I have a little birdie in my pocket who set me up with a welder he uses and after quick measurements and many pictures ripped from Elle Decor and Architectural Digest, I finally have a complete dining room set. The base is galvanized steel tubes cut into three pieces and then welded and polished. And though the base cost me more than the table top, it certainly was worth it and worth the wait. Dinner party anyone?

No comments: