Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Wood is Good

Reclaimed Wood Table
I was ecstatic today when I found easy online instructions for how to make a recycled wood table. As the staple of my dining room in my condo, a dining room table is very important to me and having lived in a small apartment for the past two years, its now time that I reward myself and have a proper dinner party space.

I've been on the prowl for an authentic and not too expensive wood table with a metal base for the past two months. From Eastern Market to VASTU (14th Street) to Little Miss Pixes (14th Street) to Good Wood (U Street) to Apartment Therapy's Craigslist and Elle Decor Magazine I've seen four amazing tables. After checking out the online instructions and having the skinny on a great place in Baltimore that has loads of wood and metal I know my plans for this weekend!
Check out the instructions HERE and a photo above of what I hope to DIM (do it myself) this week.

No comments: