Thursday, March 18, 2010

Thursday Tunes

Last night we rocked it out at U. Street Music Hall (USMH) with Beautiful Swimmers and Aeroplane until the wee hours of the a.m.

That place was banana's when I walked out to hail a cab at around 1:30 a.m. I am happy to announce that USMH has wine (a cab and a merlot) and they come in a nifty minature box! That's right. You heard it right. Jade Floyd drank wine from a box last night (see photo).


Earlier that night we heard a lack luster performance by AIR at 9:30 Club and waited in the will-call line for 30 minutes. Common since would have told me since I bought those AIR tickets 2 months ago I should have had them mailed to my house.

Nevertheless, I will stick to listening to them on my iPod when I'm in flight from now on. Though they are one of my favorite music collaborations, there is just something about standing in a crowd at 9:30 Club with my fellow DCers all looking at the stage like dead zombies that turned me off. We bounced after about 5 songs.


Also last night we peeped the new Dickson Wine Bar that opened this week. Prince of Petworth has the skinny on the new wine bar HERE. One can never have to much wine in their life, which is why we started off the evening at CORK for dinner before heading out to 9:30 Club. Their flank steak is phenom and I had an amazing negroamaro.
This was the first time we've ever been able to walk in and snag a table with no wait. Curious? What's going on D.C.? Are we saturating ourselves with too much vino?

And that was my night......................in reverse.

No comments: