Monday, December 7, 2009

On My Radar: Ranazul in Maple Lawn, Maryland

RanAzul
This past weekend I ventured out to Maple Lawn, which is about 15 miles north of 495 up Columbia Pike. I drive past Maple Lawn quite often and so Saturday night we took the drive and decided at the last minute to dine at Ranazul, co-owned by Linda Doolittle and Carlos Venegas.

This turned out to be one of the best meals I've had in the DC area in a while. We started off with the
Tomato Basil Flatbread and moved on to the fresh Ceviche, breaded Shrimp and Calamari, and also had the Potatoes Gratin which were perfectly fluffy and cheesy like a cloud was floating on your plate.
http://www.ranazul.us/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/winec.jpg
At that point you would think we would have been satisfied and full, but I never miss the opportunity to have Creme Brulée, which is my favorite dessert. Ranazul had a special Whiskey and Honey Creme Brulée that knocked my socks off.

So I highly recommend
Ranazul if you're ever out in the Maryland area. The food was incredibly fresh and they have an extensive wine list to choose from. I'll certainly venturing back for a night of wine and they have a pretty happening bar between the hours of 7 and 10 p.m. on the weekend, but being in the burbs, it had cleared out by the time we concluded our dinner.

http://www.ranazul.us/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/md.jpg

No comments: