Thursday, December 3, 2009

Never pass up a good dumpster dive, especially at 2 a.m.

About a year ago Ms. Goodyear and I were roaming the streets of Georgetown after a long night of debauchery. We took a back alley and crossed paths with massively large rolled up pieces of paper laying against a dumpster. Who can resist a late night dumpster dive and G-town always hails the best resident throwaways and leftovers right? Right.

That night I scored this print, obviously from a store’s window display, that had some phrase in some language I didn’t know scribbled across the bottom. I recently took the print, which is literally as tall as I am, to the frame store and after some haggling received his framing services for a HUGE discount. Big. I’ve been waiting for months for this piece to be finished and since the condo closing date keeps creeping farther and farther into January, I’m keeping my treasure in my office for the time being to keep me company.


The moral of the story…………never pass up a good dumpster dive and never pay full price at the frame store!

No comments: