One of my favorite things to bake (though I can only bake like three things) is a Caribbean Fudge Pie. I'm preparing one for Thanksigiving dinner at a friend's parents and I thought I would share with you all the recipe. It's quite easy, loaded with chocolate and you'll be an All-Star come desert time this Thanksgiving.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (I use two large Hershey's bars, which you melt)
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules (I suggest Hazelnut or Amaretto coffee freshly ground from the store)
- 1 teaspoon rum flavored extract (or even the real thing!)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch single crust pie (or a frozen pie crust from the store)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave chocolate chips until melted. Stir occasionally until chocolate is smooth.
2. Cream butter or margarine with sugar. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add melted chocolate, instant coffee, and rum extract. Stir in flour and broken walnuts. Turn filling into pie shell. Top with walnut halves in decorative pattern (or you can skip adding more walnuts to the top)
3. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 25 minutes. Cool.