Friday, October 2, 2009

DC This Week Announces Its Winners for the Old Town Food and Wine Festival Tickets

image_details

I love giving away free things! And today DC This Week is happy to give readers Erin and Leigh both a set of FREE tickets to the Old Town Food and Wine Festival coming next weekend. Though we received loads of entries, Erin and Leigh were selected for the best memories they sent in at a Virginia restaurant and winery.

See their stories below, but for those of you who didn't win the free tickets you can also purchase a $30 "taster's ticket" to the festival where you'll receive unlimited tastings from all participating wineries, fine arts and fancy foods exhibits and a fabulous line-up of culinary seminars. Restaurants all over Old Town will be hosting Dine With Virginia Wine specials throughout the weekend too. To see a full list of all participating restaurants, including my beloved Vermilion and Majestic CLICK HERE.

Leigh's best memory at Virginia winery, Barrell Oaks............
My favorite Virginia winery is Barrel Oaks Winery (BOW) —hands down. A coworker recommended BOW to me so I packed up the car with my dog and 3 friends and made the trek from DC. We went on a Saturday afternoon and arrived around 4pm. When we drove up the hill to the winery, we nearly lost our minds over the view. We noticed a lovely patio with about 10 dogs and their owners, a bar and several tables. We started off with a tasting inside the beautifully crafted barn and then we ordered some sangria and found a spot out to the patio. It was such a relaxing evening. There was also a food cart outside from a restaurant called Local 657. They served locally grown, organic burgers, bean dips, cheese plates, tomatoes and mozzarella and the list goes on. Their food was excellent. This was one of the best Saturday's that I've had since I've lived in the DC area and I think my dog would say the same.
The image “http://www.restauranteve.com/images/splash.gif” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Erin's best memory at Old Town staple Restaurant Eve...................

My favorite Virginia restaurant is Restaurant Eve. Everything about my dining experience there for my boyfriends birthday was perfect. His cocktail and my wine were amazing. The bread - which I'm not usually a huge fan of - was so incredible we had to ask them to stop bring us more, we were unable to resist! We had a fabulous meal with fresh and creative dishes. The best part, however, was really the service and attention to detail. When I made the reservation on OpenTable, I noted that it was for my boyfriend's birthday. Neither of us mentioned it that night, but Restaurant Eve remembered. They not only brought out the most adorable miniature birthday cake - complete with pink frosting, sprinkles and a candle - they also gave him a gift of a homemade dry mix to make scones (just add heavy cream) and pats of Irish butter. From start to finish, we had a fabulous experience with incredible food.

No comments: