Monday, September 28, 2009

My Saturday in Lucketts, Virginia


This Saturday we took a long journey to Lucketts and Leesburg Virginia for some antiquing and a short day trip. We had lunch at the
Georgetown Cafe and Bakery in Leesburg and perhaps the best tomato soup I ever had.

Then we ventured to the
Leesburg Antique Emporiu and the Black Shutter Antique Center where I found the most unique flapper hat! Also on the stop was On A Whim but perhaps the most amazing store that swept me off my feet where I struck gold was Luckett's Store, a small antique and home furnishings store located about seven miles north of Leesburg. I picked up this vintage maiden form (above) and wandered throughout the store amazed by their art, furniture, and endless antiques. So check out my photo recap below of Lucketts and I highly suggest you venture on this hour and a half drive outside of DC and take a day trip antiquing and perhaps some wine tasting.

























































No comments: