Last week I invited DC This Week readers to submit their responses to a few questions to enter for the chance to win two tickets to the Commonwealth Cup and Wine Festival at the Plains September 12-13, 2009. Congrats to Liz B. and I hope you have a great time at the event. And for those of you who sent in your answers, here are the answers to the questions............And for those of you who didn't win no worries, DC This Week readers receive $10 off their ticket purchase by entering DC913 at checkout making your advance ticket only $25 for both days.
1. How many years has The Commonwealth Cup been in existence? 24 (Duh, hence why its the 24th Annual)
2. What non-profit does The Commonwealth Cup support? The Wounded Warrior Project. Learn more about them HERE.
3. Polo originated in what country and in what century? Persia/Iran in the 6th Century B.C.
4. In what country was the first polo club established and in what year? In 1862 the first polo club, Calcutta Polo Club was established by two British soldiers, Captain Robert Stewart and Major General Joe Shearer.
5. Who organized the first polo match in the