Wednesday, June 10, 2009

My Girlfriends are COMING this weekend!!!! So DC This Week is on HOLD

http://item.slide.com/r/1/0/i/SH_npTgG3z-ca8nT1XPT10e9xBYcBHpD/
Every year my best girls from college and I take a trip together. We've been to NYC, Vegas (which I missed), West Palm Beach and this year they are coming to DC! They are all married, engaged, in ridiculously long relationships and Apirl (3rd from left) is getting married and we are all trekking to Virginia for the wedding this Thursday.

So I've mapped out our entire weekend since they will only be in town for a short while. Thursday is the ladies only party in Virginia Beach and that next morning it's wedding bells! If we are back in time from the wedding we'll hit up Policy or Fly, but I highly doubt we have the energy to go out that night.

Saturday we will head into the city for muffins and mimosas at a friend's and then head across the street to Artomatic (1000 artists, 10 floors) If you haven't already been to Artomatic get on it people. This is an amazing event I go to every year and about 10 of my friends have works in the show, so I cant wait to show the girls. If there is time I might even swing them over to BYT's pool party at Capitol Skyline Hotel.

Later that night we have plans for dinner at Co. Co. Sala. and afterwards we'll head to EYEBAR or perhaps a rooftop deck somewhere as the weather will be grand! They need a little rooftop fun in their lives.

Sunday we'll head over to brunch at Zaytinya, then perhaps some cupcakes at Baked & Wired or mimosas at Napoleon. Sadly I won't be able to take them to the COOLOUT because they all leave from BWI at 5 p.m. How will I handle all of their suitcases? Who knows.

Nonetheless, I think this agenda will give them all a sneak peak into DC and this amazing place I call home.

No comments: