Thursday, April 16, 2009

Oh How I Love GILT GROUPE



I was turned on to GILT GROUPE by local DC fashion blogger Makeda Saggau-Sackey from the Glamazon Diaries in my Everyday Reads. Gilt Groupe provides access, by invitation only, to Men’s, Women’s and Children’s coveted fashion and luxury brands at prices up to 70% off retail. Each sale lasts 36 hours and features hand selected styles from a single designer.

Today I received Gilt Groupe's Final Sale email in my inbox, a coveted sale that has top designer brands like Michael Kors, Edun and Vera Wang for next to nothing prices. I was ecstatic when I saw a Edun Forrester jacket in grey (above) that I had been drooling over was marked down to $48 from $275.

Immediately I tried to add it to my shopping bag, but someone else already had it in theirs so I had to wait until it was released. For literally five minutes I kept pressing refresh refresh refresh refresh refresh refresh refresh refresh refresh refresh refresh refresh refresh refresh and FINALLY it was added to my shopping bag! I got it! And snagged this beloved jacket for $48 plus shipping.

My day has officially hit another high note! Edun was launched in 2005 by Ali Hewson and Bono with New York clothing designer Rogan Gregory. It was founded on the premise of trade vs. aid as a means of building sustainable communities in developing countries to help foster economic growth. They utilize locally run factories in Africa, South American and India. So I am pleased with my first GILT GROUPE purchase and learning about a great new company.


You too can join GILT GROUPE and get the skinny on there stellar deals HERE.

No comments: