Thursday, January 29, 2009

Who will you support this year for Fashion for Paws? A note from Katherine Kennedy



DC This Weeks hopes you will support the amazing DCers who are working to raise money for Fashion for Paws this year scheduled to take place on March 28th at the Italian Embassy. Below is a note from Katherine Kennedy, one of DC's most philanthropic spirits. Also check out Katherine's 2007 interview with Rachel Cothran @ Project Beltway HERE.I hope you will support her in her fundraising goal! Prost to Katherine and Grace and I hope you both get to strut your stuff on the catwalk!
......................................
Hope this finds you well and staying warm, hopefully with a wonderful pet to curl up next to as the snow keep falling! I am writing to you on behalf of the Washington Humane Society and an event I am involved with, Fashion for Paws , that will take place on Saturday, March 28th at the Italian Embassy. Every year FFP raises tens, if not hundreds of thousands of dollars to help find good homes for your pets. This year, as a model for ffp, I must raise $3k so that Kelly (Grace Kelly Madison Skittles, my confused puppy ;-)) and I can strut our stuff down the runway.

I know it is a hard economy to ask for money, but every $5 helps so much and goes a long way, so if you could spare $5, please, donate here to save the puppies! Also, any tickets purchased for the event on the 28th can be purchased through my donation page here Tickets are $75 each, or $125 for VIP or $2000 for a table. Last year the tickets sold out MONTHS ahead of time, so be sure to get yours! The ticket price goes towards my goal of raising $3000, so thank you in advance!

Hope to see you at the event on the 28th. Cheers and many thanks for Kelly Dog and I.

Katherine M. Kennedy
kennedy@kmkpr.com



No comments: