Photo by Patrick Ryan. (Rachel Cothran, her girlfriend, Indrid Elmore, me and Shanon Pivorinus at his party)
So to be quite honest, a picture and video are worth a thousand words so there isn’t a need to give a lengthy recap of the rest of the weekend. But I can sum it up with a list. And of course, if you partied with me this weekend you surely know how crazy it was:
- Candles catching all kinds of things on fire at house parties. Do you really need like 100 candles lit in your house?
- Endless champagne
- The most wonderful spread at Zaytinya
- Missing the fuzz @ Warehouse
- Mojito’s @ Mate
- Silent grub @ 1905
- Loosing my hearing at Ora’s and then the next day at 9:30 Club
- Not understanding a word Adele said the entire concert
- Stryk’s leather pants @ MOBY concert and loosing power
- Waking up with base still booming in my ears, but my house was completely silent
- Skipping parties we bought tickets to. Opps. What a waste. But you gotta prioritize.
- Getting a wake up nudge at 7:30 a.m. with “Jade, can you take us to the Inauguration, we wanna go?” and me replying “Are you nuts?”
- Deboarding our train at
with me thinking “We got kicked-off in the hood.” Rhode Island
- Church vans saving the day and driving us to Union Station only for me to say “Walk that way” to my buds and jumping in a car to get the hell away from the Capitol
- Watching the craziness from Amit’s roof on 14th and K.
- Watching the parade from the warmth of his office while Kristen and Konavis refused to come up. You kids were nuts.
- Tony not wearing a jacket and replying “It’s North Face, it’s warm”
- Yummy shrimp with their eyes still attached @ Jaleo
- Pre-gaming all weekend
- Hot pink tights and rabbit lined hats
- Wonderball. Enough said.
- Christina a.k.a. hop-along making the trek into DC and refusing to use her cructches. I believe her exact words were “I’m having surgery in 2 weeks so it doesn’t matter if I screw my knee up more.” Realllllllll smart
- “Is Jade ok?” “Oh yeah she’s fine” (As they look over and get an eyeful) “Are you sure” “Ok well maybe not”
- 3 hours of sleep and counting yet still making it to work on time on Wednesday.