OCNA’s dinner will be held on Tuesday, February 3, 2009 at 6:30pm at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel located at 22nd and M Streets, NW in Washington, DC. Wendy Rieger of NBC4, Anchor News4 at 5 and Going Green will be the MC for the evening.
CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS. The Special Guest for the evening is Sara Moulton, executive chef of Gourmet magazine and host of a new cooking show on PBS titled "Sara's Weeknight Meals". She also hosted shows on The Food Network for 10 years including “Cooking Live” and “Sara's Secrets”.
The talented and much respected DC chef Ris Lacoste of ris along with Women Chefs & Restaurateurs (WCR) is spearheading the gathering. Their team of women chefs will provide hors d’oeuvres, main dish tastings and sinfully wonderful desserts. Among the chefs participating at the event include
• Alison Reed of Café Saint Ex and Bar Pilar
• Amanda Cook and Rachael Harriman of CityZen
• Barbara Black of BlackSalt
• Beverly Bates of Ici Urban Bistro at Sofitel
• Caesare Assad of Vegetate
• Jamie Leeds of Hank's Oyster Bar and Commonwealth Gastropub
• Janis McLean of 15 Ria
• Kimberly Triplett of Bon Appetit Management Company
• Lauren Whitledge of DC Coast
• Nora Poullion of Restaurant Nora
• Patricia Leader of Kinkead’s
• Polly Brown of Pollystyle Artisanal Baked Goods
• Ruth Gresser of Pizzeria Paradiso and Birreria Paradiso
• Ruth Hedges and Sara Siegel of Vidalia
• Sophie LaMontagne and Katherine Kallinis of Georgetown Cupcake
• Tamesha Warren of The Oval Room
• Terri Cutrino of Café Atlantico
• Violetta Edelman of Dolcezza Gelato
• Yasmine Sandhu of Rock Creek at Mazza
Beverages will be provided by Jodi Lehr of Santa Lucia Estate Coffee, Seb Buhler of Rogue Ales, and Spirits and Five Rivers Winery.